About Me
Name: Milenka
Home: Santiago, Chile
About Me: I'm just a regular student, with the usual troubles, just trying to get good grades in her english class!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Welcome!

Links

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 

 

 
  sábado, 20 de junio de 2009  
 
 
A reflection on blogs and english learning
Through the course we've been writing blog entries in english, every week.
I think it's a very good method of learning because it motivates you to learn new words to explain things, or finding words with the same meaning.

Writing in english always has been a problem for me, because I can't articulate very well what I want to say. I'm used to speak in english, and understanding oral expression, but it's hard to write and think in english at the same time.
Also, I always say that I speak english from an intuitive feeling, or a hunch as americans say. I speak with what sounds good at the moment, and most of the time I can't write down some of the words that I know how to pronunciate while I speak.

So one of the advantages of writing in english, is that now I know how to write what I'm thinking very fluently. An other advantage is that now that I got used to write in another language, I might keep doing it in the future, because I really want to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language this year, and one of my biggest flaws is the writing part.

But, as many things, there's disadvantages too. I think that we don't get too much feedback about what we write, and sometimes I don't know if my grammar is correct, or someone who speaks english as a native language would understand what I write.

But so far It's been a very good experience, and a new one, because It's the first time that we write so much on an english class in college.

Etiquetas: ,

posted by Milenka @ 20:14  
0 Comments:

Publicar un comentario

<< Home